Passport Photo Information:
- Must be 2" x 2" in size
- Can be in color or black & white
- Two photos are automatically taken
- Member price: $8.95, plus tax
- Non-member price: $12.95, plus tax
- www.Travel.State.Gov: Explains how to apply for a passport, how to renew a passport, processing times, fees, how to obtain an expedited passport (less than two weeks), and what to do if your passport is lost or stolen.
- The U.S. Department of State has advised that, beginning November 1, travelers must remove their eyeglasses when having their passport photos taken. After November 1, the State Department will no longer accept passport photos taken with glasses.
- In 2015, the State Department received more than 200,000 unacceptable passport photos, with the most common reason being glare on eyeglasses, making it more difficult to verify travelers’ identities, which can result in delayed travel. The following talking points are being provided by the State Department for immediate use by clubs.
- Therefore, effective immediately, all branches should ask individuals coming in for passport photos to remove their eyeglasses.