Last modified: May 26, 2023
Please read this Policy carefully. This Policy may be updated periodically. The current Policy is available on our Site. By accessing or using this Site, You agree to this Policy. If you decide to end your relationship with AAAWCNY or your membership lapses, we will continue to abide by the practices described in this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under 13 (absent verification of parental consent as it relates to services being provided (i.e., travel)), and our Site is not structured to attract anyone younger than 13 years old. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information about You, including:
- Name; date of birth; postal address; email address; telephone number; driver’s license number; credit card, bank or other account information; passport information; social security numbers; or any other identifier by which You may be contacted online or offline.
- Information You provide on applications or other forms (including credit card approval documentation and insurance documentation) or in transactions with us or others; information we receive from consumer reporting agencies or other companies we work with; from companies providing marketing and demographic information; and information obtained to protect against insurance fraud and identity theft.
- When You visit the Site, we may collect: the referrer (the site prior to entering the Site); the IP address of the workstation; date and time logged in and out; pages visited while on our Site; time spent on each page; criteria used when searching.
- If You supply Your telephone number, You may be contacted by us regarding orders placed online.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although certain pages and information are accessible only by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Site. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Tracking Pixels. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (or clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit AAAWCNY, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (i.e., recording the popularity of website content; verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. See Section H for information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising.
You may elect to receive text messages from us, including marketing and support text messages. When you sign up to receive text messages, either via our Site or by sending a text message indicating your consent, you are providing (and signing) your prior express written consent to receive recurring marketing or promotional and support text messages from us sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages (i.e., Cookies). Message frequency varies. This service is optional, and your consent is not a condition for purchase. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. For help, reply “HELP” to any Text Message you receive from us or email Privacy@nyaaa.com. All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties, excluding aggregators and providers of the Text Message services.
In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s message and data rates may apply to our confirmation Text Message and all subsequent Text Message correspondence according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving Text Messages. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates be responsible for any Text messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number. If your carrier does not permit Text messages, you may not receive the Text Messages. Neither we nor wireless carriers will be liable for any delays in the receipt of, or failure to deliver, any Text Messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. Text Message services are provided on an “AS IS” basis. Data obtained from you in connection with any Text Message services may include your cell phone number, your provider’s name and the date, time and content of your text messages. We may use this information in accordance with this Policy to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about You or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products, or services that you request from us (including to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from contracts entered into between You and us, including billing and collection).
- To provide You with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify You about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though AAAWCNY, and to deliver marketing and promotional communications.
- To allow You to participate in market research, surveys, contests, and similar promotions, and to administer these activities (which may have additional rules or guidelines on how our information is used and/or shared), and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information and to fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
- For risk control, data analysis, audits, product development and improvement, and Site enhancement, among other business purposes.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or You provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, who generally are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of AAAWCNY’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by AAAWCNY about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To authorized affiliated and non-affiliated third parties responsible for providing to you AAAWCNY products and services, such as, for example, travel, insurance, and retailer discounts, as permitted by law.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of AAAWCNY, customers, or others, in our discretion.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent, as applicable.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide You with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you prefer AAAWCNY not disclose Your information to nonaffiliated third parties (except as permitted or required by law), you can opt-out by completing the form found https://info.westerncentralny.aaa.com/form/privacy-policy. If you are a new consumer, customer or member, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date You first receive or access this Policy. When you are no longer our consumer, customer or member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to opt out and limit our sharing.
- By opting out you will be precluded from receiving notice of special promotions offered through AAAWCNY that may benefit you. We may still include notices and information about other products and services when communicating with you about your account and related products and services. You will also still receive the “Member Connection” magazine four times per year. Opting-out will not prevent you from receiving solicitations from other companies obtaining information about you from other sources.
- Promotional Offers from AAAWCNY. If you do not wish to have your information used by AAAWCNY to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by completing the form found https://info.westerncentralny.aaa.com/form/privacy-policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- As noted, we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact AAAWCNY as noted below (Section K) or by visiting one of our branches. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your information is only available to authorized individuals responsible for providing AAAWCNY products and services. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with legal requirements in an effort to protect Your information.
Additional contact information may be found on AAA.com (see “Contact Us” page at https://info.westerncentralny.aaa.com/help). For time-sensitive concerns that require assistance immediately please call us 24/7 at (800) 836-2582.