This uniquely American event began as a promotional effort by Pasadena’s distinguished Valley Hunt Club. In the winter of 1890, the club members brainstormed ways to promote the “Mediterranean of the West.” They invited their former East Coast neighbors to a mid-winter holiday, where they could watch games and enjoy an abundance of fresh flowers. Even in the midst of winter, the club added a parade to precede the competition, where entrants would decorate their carriages with hundreds of blooms. The Tournament of Roses was born. The Tournament of Roses has come a long way since its early days. The elaborate floats now feature high-tech computerized animation and exotic natural materials from around the world. Although a few floats are still built exclusively by volunteers from their sponsoring communities, most are built by professional float building companies and take nearly a year to construct.
- 5 nights hotel accommodations
- 8 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- New Year’s Day Tournament of Roses Parade with reserved grandstand seats along Colorado Blvd.
- Enjoy the float decorating
- Visit Warner Brothers Studios
- Explore greater LA, Hollywood and Beverly Hills
- See the famous Hollywood Sign
- Visit the Stars on the Walk of Fame
- Visit the coastal communities of Orange County including Newport Beach and Laguna Beach
- All touring as per itinerary
- Baggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Services and gratuities for a Professional Tour Director
- All applicable taxes and fees
Rates are per person based on occupancy. Airfare is additional. $250 per person deposit due at time of booking. Final payment due September 1, 2018