Our COVID-19 Safety Message
At AAA, the safety of you and your family is our top priority. Therefore, AAA is taking all of the necessary precautions to help protect you during this rapidly-changing situation. AAA is here for you when you need us most.
Our Amherst, Greece and DeWitt offices are open to serve you in person.
- Operating hours will be temporarily limited. Please check here for the most current operating hours.
- Other branches will reopen soon, with exact dates to follow as we determine the best possible way to serve you, our valued member, in this new reality.
- If you work with a specific travel or insurance agent, please contact them directly to confirm their hours and availability.
The safety of our Associates and our Members is our top priority.
Here’s what you can expect when you visit our branches.
- Please bring & wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- We ask that you limit the number of people in your party.
- Appointments are encouraged, but not required.
- If a short wait time is necessary, we will ask you to wait in your car after checking in.
- Although we will accept cash, credit card payments are preferred.
- Restrooms will not be open to the public.
Virtual appointments are still available.
- We understand if you still do not feel comfortable coming into our offices.
- We are happy to assist you by phone or email at any time.
- Roadside Assistance: (800) 222-4357
- Membership: (800) 836-2582
- Insurance: (888) 671-7044
- Travel: (800) 937-1222
AAA travel agents are working remotely to assist you with travel services. If you need to reach an agent while our stores are closed, contact your Travel Agent directly, or call AAA toll-free at (800) 937-1222.
- As branches open, you can call ahead to order your TripTik for pick-up.
Do you have questions about changing or canceling your current travel plans?
AAA insurance agents are working remotely to assist you with insurance services. If you need to reach an agent while our stores are closed, contact your Insurance Agent directly, or call AAA toll-free at (888) 671-7044.
If you are an individual or small business, policyholder, and can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the novel coronavirus (“COVID‑19”) pandemic, please read the recent Executive Order issued by Governor Cuomo and the New York State Department of Financial Services.
Do you have questions about current or new insurance policies?
To create social distancing and protect the health of our members and emergency road service technicians:
- We are temporarily suspending members riding in our tow trucks and service vehicles.
- AAA service providers will not be greeting you with their typical friendly handshake.
- Members may be asked to remain in the vehicle while services are performed.
- Road service calls can be requested on AAA.com, through the AAA Mobile App, or by calling (800) 222-4357
DRIVER EDUCATION CLASSES
With many parents and students alike working from home, this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of online driver education courses:
- Defensive Driving - Save up to 10% on Car Insurance, reduce up to 4 points off of driving record
- License To Learn (online), educational novice driver course - Call (800) 836-2582, option 2 to register
Until further notice, AAA Western and Central New York has suspended all in-person classes & training:
- Defensive Driving
- 5-hour pre-licensing
- License To Learn (in-person)
CAR CARE PLUS
AAA Car Care Plus in Clarence will remain open for automotive service only from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Temporarily, Saturday hours will be unavailable.
To create social distancing and protect the health of our members as well as our Car Care associates:
- The waiting area and restrooms are unavailable as members/customers will not have access to the inside of the facility at this time.
- We now have implemented a tow concierge service and a zero contact way of doing business. Please find instructions here.
- When servicing your vehicle, technicians will use protective equipment to provide a barrier between themselves and your vehicle’s interior and exterior surfaces to ensure safety.