About AAA Western & Central New York
AAA Western & Central New York is a not-for-profit, fully-taxpaying association serving nearly 855,000 members throughout Upstate New York. As Upstate’s largest member services organization, AAA provides its members with world-class travel, insurance, financial, and automotive services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through its AAA Travel & Insurance Centers and online at www.AAA.com.
AAA exists for its members, and judges everything we do by how well it serves their needs. Since its founding in June 1900, AAA has been a leading advocate for the safety and security of all motorists and travelers.
The Western & Central New York service area includes:
- The Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse metro areas.
- The following counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Cortland, Erie, Genesee, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Niagara, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Oswego, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, St. Lawrence, Tompkins, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates.
AAA Board of Directors
Auto Club of Western & Central NY Foundation for Traffic Safety
The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization dedicated to promoting traffic safety education and raising awareness of safe driving practices to reduce traffic-related deaths and injuries. It helps support local programs in the communities we serve.
For more information on the Foundation, your Club’s traffic safety programs or to learn how your $1 donation can support these efforts, please visit www.AAA.com/Foundation.
The AAA brand image is one of the most recognized in the world. The familiar red oval has come to represent a "seal of approval" that members seek out for reliable, quality products and services. In 1997, AAA unveiled a contemporary update of its familiar logo with the announcement that the organization would now be officially known by its commonly used initials—AAA—in its public activities. The image enhancement reflects AAA's growth beyond automotive services to include travel, financial, and insurance services.
Today, 25 percent of all U.S. households have a AAA membership. More than 28 percent of all North American passenger vehicles belong to AAA members. AAA is the largest leisure travel organization in North America.
Each year, AAA clubs:
- Provide member discounts at more than 150,000 lodgings, attractions, restaurants, and retail locations through the Show Your Card & Save® program.
- Produce 160 million copies of travel-related materials.
- Distribute 17 million TripTik® map routings, including 14 million generated online.
- Book some 2 million car rentals.
- Sell nearly $4 billion in travel agency services.
- Produce member publications with news about a wide range of automotive, travel, environmental, and legislative issues, plus special promotions for extra member savings and benefits.
- Advocate for consumer rights and safety improvements at the local, state, and national level.
Together with CAA (Canada), AAA clubs annually:
- Dispatch emergency road service to more than 29 million stranded motorists.
- Respond to more than 5 million battery-related service calls, many of which result in battery replacement.
- Assist members with vehicle repair through 8,000 AAA-approved service facilities.