10 Ways to Improve Your Gas Mileage
As any good mechanic can tell you, keeping up with your manufacturer’s routine maintenance schedule can improve your gas mileage and save you money.
Here are some tips:
- Change your air filter every 10,000 miles.
- Keep tires aligned.
- Keep your tires at the right pressure.
- Change your spark plugs before they are due.
- Replace oxygen sensors.
- Get regular oil changes.
- Tighten your gas cap to prevent evaporation.
- "Cold starts" use more gas, so plan and combine your errands ahead of time.
- Get rid of excess weight you're carrying around in your trunk.
- Avoid rapid acceleration and braking.