If you're looking for a fun weekend getaway, you may want to think about a day trip to New York City. My husband and I recently joined one of AAA's motorcoach trips. We traveled there via motorcoach overnight, spent the day in the city, and then came home that night. And, with the luxury accommodations on AAA's new motorcoaches, the ride there and back is much more comfortable than you may think.
When you arrive in Manhattan, the motorcoach drops you off in the heart of Times Square. From there, the City is yours to explore. Here's a look at what we did during our day:
- Watch the Today Show filming in Rockefeller Plaza
- Grab a cup of coffee and watch the City come to life.
- Take a morning stroll through Central Park
- Shop for the kids at FAO Schwarz
- Lunch at the Carnegie Deli
- Take the subway, an experience in itself
- Shop and stroll and people-watch in Greenwich Village, SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown
- Dinner at Caffe Napoli in Little Italy (191 Hester St.; 212-226-8705)
- Gelato at M'o Gelato, formerly known as La Cremeria
- Shop Times Square at night
Love NYC? Hate Driving There?
Check out all of AAA's New York City motorcoach trips—and if none of the dates work for you, now you can request a new date for a AAA day trip.
What would you do with 12 hours in New York City? See a show? Shop til you drop? Tell me about it in the comments below.