Save $1 on Admission
AAA Members save $1 on admission for each person in party.
The Strong is the only collections-based museum in the world devoted solely to play! The museum blends the best features of both history museums (extensive collections) and children’s museums (high interactivity) and provides families, children, adults, students, teachers, scholars, collectors, and others a multitude of offerings:
- Engaging, hands-on exhibits, plus fascinating displays of artifacts of play
- The great hall of the prestigious National Toy Hall of Fame
- Fun-filled educational programs
- Quality guest services, museum shops, and a food court
- A working carousel from 1918 and the Strong Express passenger train
- Upstate New York’s only year-round, indoor butterfly garden
- Annual memberships
- Woodbury Preschool for children ages 3 and 4.
- A circulating library
- Standards-based school lessons
- Teacher development opportunities
The Strong is an exciting, hands-on, welcoming place to play, learn, and dream; a place to pretend, wonder, and explore; a place to discover the past and imagine the future; and a place to rekindle memories and make new ones.