General Service/Lube Technician
- High school education or GED required.
- Prior Automotive Industry/Lube Tech or Tire Tech experience required.
- NYS Inspection certification preferred
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of computer usage.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, time management, and good listening skills are required.
- The employee will work in a typical repair shop environment where noise, dust, vapors and other aggravations may be present.
- Temperature extremes may be encountered as the employee will have duties that require movement between the office, shop and outside the building.
- The noise level in the work environment may become loud.
- The nature of work will expose the individual to occasional exhaust fumes, fuel fumes and other things that commensurate with vehicle and truck repair operations.
Hours of Operation
- AAA Car Care Plus operates six days a week.
- Technicians will be scheduled for a 40-hour work week.
- Saturday shifts will be required.
- Promotes business by presenting professional image, positive attitude, and a clean and safe work area.
- Road test vehicles to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Suggests additional work that is necessary to the Service Advisor so the customer may be notified.
- Completes service and repair assignments correctly, to pass quality inspections or test drives.
- Looks to Lead Technician for assistance whenever appropriate.
- Collects all necessary information before requesting parts (e.g., model year, etc).
- Maintains sufficient personally owned tools; keeps tools in good working order.
- Communicates with Service Advisor for delays, changes and completion of work orders.
- Maintains cleanliness of the customers vehicle
- Achieves productivity goals.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to read and interpret instructions and manuals. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with members and co-workers.
High school education or GED required.
Industry experience and necessary.
NYS Inspection license preferred. Must have experience performing oil changes, installing tires and performing other general automotive repairs.
Knowledgeable in all aspects of computer usage.
Excellent Customer Service skills, verbal communication, written communication, time management and good listening skills are required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or other forms of communication. Ability to resolve problems and conflicts involving difficult situations.
In addition to the physical demands found in a normal shop/office environment this job requires accessing customer vehicles of various types as well the mobility and flexibility necessary for conducting major vehicle assessments and repairs. The job also requires the individual to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, bend, reach, squat and stoop. Lifting up to 75 lbs may be necessary.
The AAA Way
Demonstrating expertise, passion, and accountability in our work by continuously pursuing growth and learning